My years of public service have focused around a passion and commitment to creating a better city and a better future for my three children. Surrey is a dynamic and thriving city, but I believe that we can do better. As we move our city forward, public safety, a vibrant economy, and healthy, sustainable communities will be paramount.
During my two terms as City Councillor, I have advocated for the hiring of additional police officers, created new awareness and prevention programs to help stop domestic abuse, and worked with senior levels of government and service providers to provide more support for people dealing with issues of mental health, addictions and homelessness.
I have advocated for better transit and transportation infrastructure, successfully lobbied to have the slot machines removed from Newton, and pushed for more transparency and accountability in government spending.
I have also worked hard to find and implement better ways for the City to include citizens in our decision-making process, and engage more people in a meaningful and effective way. A strong community is achieved through partnerships, and change happens when voices are heard.
Integrity, hard work and equality are a few of my core values, and I possess the unwavering belief that if you love what you’re doing, you will be successful.
I grew up in Kamloops and have called Surrey home for more than 25 years.
I love this city.
- Community Safety Committee (Chair)
- Police Committee
- Diversity Advisory Committee (Public Safety Liaison)
- Finance Committee
- Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Seniors' Advisory & Accessibility (Public Safety Liaison)
- Community Association Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Mayor's Committee on Beautification & Town Centre Development
- Surrey Crime Prevention Society (Liaison)
- Peace Arch Hospital Foundation (Liaison)
- Metro Vancouver - Director
- Metro Vancouver - Zero Waste Committee
- Metro Vancouver - Finance Committee
- Municipal Finance Authority of BC (Alternate Representative)
- Lower Mainland Local Government Association (Director at Large)